[Mailman-Developers] Re: First big Mailing

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Thu, 10 Jan 2002 23:11:23 -0800

On Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:21:36 -0500
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

> Two things are critical before we can move forward: we need to
> know what versions of the various bits of software you're running
> (and that includes OS, Python, Mailman, and Exim), and we need to
> see those tracebacks.  Feel free to send along excerpts from
> logs/error and any Exim syslog entries that are relevant.

Uhh, Barry, until he handles his file handle exhaustion problem
tracebacks aren't going to do anyone any good.  Once that starts
happening you're in a realm of "the kernel is doing Bad Things to my
processes and probably isn't telling me!"  Get the file handle
exhaustion handled first, _THEN_ see if we still get any tracebacks.
If so, they have a chance of containing data that might be useful.
Until then, well, we just have a system that's really really sick.

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?