[Mailman-Developers] Enforcing plain text posting

Daniel J. Cody djc@members.evolt.org
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:14:26 -0600 (CST)

Sorry a bit late to the party on this one, but a couple *very* simple
things I do to keep HTML/any formatting email off my lists is adding a
couple lines "Hold posts with header value matching a specified regexp"
textarea box on the 'Privary Options' section of your list administration
page:

those lines catch 98% of formatted messages and attachments from going to
the list. as the 'standard' rejection message on the admindb page, i have
something like, "Please do not post HTML/RTF formatted emails or
include attachments with your post. Please read thelist info and
guidelines available at http://foo.org/listinfo.html" and the 'reject with
the explanation below' radio button checked by default.

of course, there are better ways to do it which have been mentioned on
this list..

again, this is a *very* simple way to go about it and is adequate for
small - medium sized lists. ideally, it gets stripped automagically.

hth,

.djc.