[Mailman-Developers] Notes about 2.1a4 version

Dan Ohnesorg Dan@feld.cvut.cz
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:46:52 +0100

I have also installed
this version for testing the Czech translations. And I have found
some bugs. The biggest hangs on admin page, becouse I have send it
from wrong address. Here are some more:

1) The admin messages doesn't have MIME headers at all:

this is vitally needed to be in czech emails.

2) Mailman crashes if there is not localized html template for
some page. I think it should print only a message
or better, use english one from /en/ tree.

3) in file crontab.in is broken this entry

# At 9AM, send notifications to disabled members that are due to be
# reminded to re-enable their accounts.
0 9 * * * /usr/bin/python2 -S @prefix/cron/disabled

there should be @prefix@

4) in README.POSTFIX is

    - Run the genaliases script to initialize your aliases file.

      % cd /usr/local/mailman
      % bin/genaliases

but it doesnt generate postfix aliases without setting
 MTA = 'Postfix' before.

5) it is not a bug, but the PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL should be settable per list.

6) Hypermail seems be not working, but I am using MHonArc, so I am not sure.

But I see, Mailman 2.1 will make revolution in mailing list management.

cheers
dan

DDDDDD
DD   DD                Dan Ohnesorg, supervisor on POWER
DD  OOOO               Dan@feld.cvut.cz
DD OODDOO              Dep. of Power Engineering
DDDDDD OO              CTU FEL Prague, Bohemia
   OO  OO              work: +420 2 24352785;+420 2 24972109
    OOOO               home: +420 311 679679;+420 311 679311

Nekdy je rozumne o krok ustoupit, aby se prodlouzil rozbeh.