[Mailman-Developers] Feature Request - Plain Text Only

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 04 Jan 2002 16:42:51 -0800

On Sat, 5 Jan 2002 00:26:38 +0100
fil  <fil@rezo.net> wrote:

> Here's something that would be most useful against spam: somewhere
> in the pipeline check the message against the "razor" (**) spam
> database, and send it to the trash if it matches.

I've been running Razor in test mode here on my personal mail
account for about 5 weeks.  To date the false positive rate is about
8%.  That's far too high for deployment as a system service.  It
also has a very high false negative rate (worse than any of the
other's I'm testing).

SpamAssassion conversely has a false positive rate (over the same
period) of 3 messages out of 93,648 (yes, I get a lot of mail at
home).

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?