[Mailman-Developers] One more wish

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 15:30:05 -0600

Once upon a time (Thu Jan 03), J C Lawrence wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Jan 2002 14:17:40 -0500 Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

>> I think a time-based auto-de-probation feature will have to wait
>> until after MM2.1.

> At which time both based, # of posts based rule support would be
> useful, along with the ability to take an existent member and apply
> an individual rule set to them (moderate for next N time/posts).

Yes, both/either option per-user would be useful.

>> I'm not quite sure what "rotating footers" mean...

> The ability to have the list sig (as appended to posts) be rotated
> thru a range of possible values.

Yes... I have a Perl script that did that for me when I used
Majordomo. It was in the MTA aliases processing, inserted as a filter
just before the message was sent out to subscribers. Majordomo used
separate aliases for archiving and for delivering to reflective and
digest subscribers, so that worked well. That script can no longer be
used because all of those processing streams are internal to Mailman,
and the filter would wind up putting those sigs into the digests and
the archives.

I was considering a hack in Decorate.py which would just call that
Perl script, or rather, a script specified in the footer configuration
variable, and use the result as the sig. That would make it work again,
but something more 'elegant' would nice.

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net