[Mailman-Developers] Yet another wish?

Dale Newfield Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org>
Thu, 3 Jan 2002 13:53:08 -0500 (EST)

I must apologize in advance, since I haven't been paying that close
attention to recent developments here, and this may already be included.

I'd like it to be easy to set up mailman to run with greatly reduced
functionality (to run a single announcement (not discussion) list for a
site), which shouldn't take any modification, except that I'd like to be
able to turn off the password requirements for it--I want people to be
able to subscribe/unsubscribe just by sticking their email address in a
field and hitting a button.  Other fanciness (digest/ack/etc.) should also
be hidden, as this is really meant to be a bare-bones way to use mailman.
I've hacked earlier mailman installs to remove some of the security, but
not in a clean enough way to submit as a patch.

-Dale