[Mailman-Developers] One more wish

Lawrence Weeks dev@anabasis.net
Wed, 2 Jan 2002 17:29:26 -0600

Another wish... probation. I had a system with Majordomo, daily
cron rotation of subscriber files, that I liked, hackish as it
was. New subscribers were unable to send mail to a particular large
and active list for a period of time (five days in my case) after
subscribing. This was to force new subscribers to read the list traffic
and figure out, as much as they could in five days, list culture and
what is acceptable. That list has lots of "juvenile" subscribers,
and the probation period is (was) useful to temper their behavior.

And how about the oft-requested rotating footers? I looked in an
alpha release of 2.1 and didn't see it in Decorate.py.

I'd like this functionality, so I'll make these changes myself if
necessary. I'll happily contribute patches, but I'm not an experienced
Python coder nor am I too familiar with the MM structure, so it'll
likely be an ugly hack. :-)

Larry
--
Lawrence Weeks      "Audaces fortuna juvat."      dev@anabasis.net