[Mailman-Developers] New Bounce system

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 22:48:51 -0500

    >> so I need more information.  Exactly how did you do the
    >> upgrade?

    DM> The standard way; config (as me) and "make install" (as root).

Did you install over an existing Mailman 2.0.x installation, or did
you do a fresh MM2.1 install and copy list directories over?

    >> Which version of Python are you using?

    DM> 2.1.1

Cool.

    >> Do you see any errors in logs/error that might be relevant?

    DM> Nothing easily findable, no.

Okay.

    >> Try using bin/dumpdb on both the (old) config.db value and the
    >> (new) config.pck value and check attributes like
    >> `data_version', and `delivery_status'.

    DM> Where do I find the old and new files?...the new ones are
    DM> obviously there, but the old ones aren't saved by upgrade, are
    DM> they?...it'd be nice if they were somewhere I'm missing,
    DM> because then I could manually fix the problem.  (No, I don't
    DM> have backups.)

All the files should be in lists/<listname>/config.{db,pck}{,.last}

The upgrade procedure doesn't get rid of the .db files.

    DM> A small string under the "nomail" box, if checked, would do
    DM> it; I'm not sure it would add a lot to the size (but might;
    DM> haven't futzed with the layout).  Given that we're already two
    DM> vertical spaces because of the "realname" box, it might fit
    DM> without changing the size.

I'll check out your patch momentarily.  Thanks!
-Barry