[Mailman-Developers] bin/update: "cannot import name SimpleCookie" in mailman cvs

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 1 Jan 2002 09:08:12 -0500

    MM> So, when updating from 2.0 to cvs, make install ran fine up to
    MM> update: Compiling

    | ImportError: cannot import name SimpleCookie
    | make: *** [update] Error 1

    MM> I have python 2.1.1

    MM> I move the lists off, completed the install, brought a list
    MM> back, ran update by hand, and it worked.

This one should be shallow, and I think fixed in MM21a4.  You need to
remove all traces of Cookie.py from the Mailman installed
directories.  We used to provide a very old version of Cookie.py, but
as of Python 2.0, a better version comes with the Python distro.
Mailman won't pick that up though if the one from misc is still
installed.

bin/update should now delete this old file.

-Barry