[Mailman-Developers] wildcards in poster-without-approval

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 13:26:44 -0800

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 12:47:45PM +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> >     JM> Is it possible to set wildcards in the field 'Addresses of
> >     JM> members accepted for postings to this list without implicit
> >     JM> approval requirement' in Privacy Options?  That every addr
> >     JM> from domain xyz.com is allowed to post without approval
> >     JM> requirement. If yes, how?  *@xyz.com or xyz.com or .*@xyz.com
> >
> > Not in MM2.0.x.  That specific field is gone in MM2.1, but in the
> > equivalent ones you will be able to specify Python regular
> > expressions.
>
> Mh, but I need it ;( Can I just fix the code of 2.0.8?

That's why it's in 2.1.
If you want the feature, you can try to backport it, or just upgrade.
Quite frankly, mm 2.1a4+ (cvs) is quite useable already.

> A diff-file would be fine. Or just: What files would I have to modify?
> Could you post the code I have to delete and I have to add?

I'd rather Barry concentrate his time on 2.1. Feel free to upgrade and help
us find any remaining problems if there are any.

Marc