[Mailman-Developers] Re: [Zest-devel] Re: Pipermail replacement? Zest!

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:19:31 -0500

    JRA> Pipermail is *not*, so far as I've been able to tell, "an
    JRA> integrated part of Mailman".

    JRA> Is it, Barry?  For the purposes of David's assertion above, I
    JRA> mean.

The way I see it, Pipermail is bundled and integrated (in the sense
that you have to do no extra work to hook the two together), but it is
by no means integral.

I sketched out a function in a previous email for how you would hook
into Mailman's member authentication mechanism (MM2.1 of course).  If
you don't want to glue things together with Python, simply turn that
function into a command line script with a couple of extra lines of
code.

-Barry