[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Dan Mick Dan Mick <dmick@utopia.West.Sun.COM>
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:42:36 -0800 (PST)

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 05:07:41PM -0800, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > Not that it is a big deal to me, but out of curiosity: what part of mailman
> > cares that it's a list and not a mail alias?
>
> The *user*, when the list machinery breaks completely, and there's no
> obvious target address to complain to.

While this might be a good point, it's wrong and unhelpful to Marc's
question.

IIRC, Marc, there's a bunch of stuff that does things like
"get the Owner address for the list named mm_cfg.<site-list-name>".
Not that that couldn't be found and changed, but...that's how it
works currently.  Also, that way bounce handling happens for
those sorts of notification messages in the "normal" way.