[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

Marc MERLIN marc_news@vasoftware.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 16:50:26 -0800

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 07:40:20PM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Actually, we're no worse off than we were before, in fact, it should
> now be better.  How many messages have /you/ gotten from people
> receiving the password reminder from a list they never heard of?

The funny thing is that I've gotten lots of hate mail saying "how do you
dare sending my my mailman password in cleartext. STOP THIS NOW!!!", but not
one "why did this come from test-admin@lists.sf.net" :-)

That said, I very much welcome the new option in 2.1.

Am I to understand however that the sitewide list doesn't have to be a list
and can be a mail alias instead?

Marc