[Mailman-Developers] Protecting email addresses from spam harvesters

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:16:10 -0800

At 12:36 -0500 2/26/2002, Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
>good enough answer, but I think Chuq will accuse me of geeking out
>again, and on this one, I'm afraid I'd agree with him.
>
>The number of people on the net with *no* indoctrination at all is
>truly stunning.

Earthlink seems to think that postmaster@ should be a synonym for abuse@,
and that a robot should scan the incoming message and say "nothing here
seems like abuse of an Earthlink account...go away".  And all I was trying
to do was tell them "hey, in the odd moments when I can actually use the
POP server, I've gotten a dozen Welcome messages for other users, 4
invoices for other users, two responses from support robots destined for
other users which about said other users having similar problems."  The
robot is right...no abuse there. ;-(

With that kind of training, no one will find the postmaster@ address.

  --John

--