[Zest-devel] Re: [Mailman-Developers] Pipermail replacement? Zest!

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:17:01 -0500

    JRM> barry@zope.com (Barry A. Warsaw) writes:

    >> - searching <wink>

    JRM> This is the biggie IMHO.  Interface differences matter little
    JRM> to me, but I find an unsearchable mailing list archive
    JRM> practically worthless.

I'd love it if Zest (or Pipermail, for that matter) had integrated
searching.  So would a lot of people.  But nobody's cared enough to
code it and own it.

OTOH, Zest's interface is really neat in that search /seems/ like
it'll be less necessary, because you can really follow the bulk of the
conversation without having to pull up each and every message.

-Barry