[Mailman-Developers] following standards in signature-syntax

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:41:46 -0500

On Mon, Feb 25, 2002 at 11:33:29PM +0100, Jonas Meurer wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> Wouldn't it be sencefull to follow the standards in signature-style and
> change the "___________....." line to "-- " like a signature has to be
> cuted as in standards declared?
>=20
> Bye
>  Jonas
>=20
> --=20
> Du willst einen Windows-PC als Gateway f=FCr ein NetBSD-System
> benutzen? Benutzt du auch N=E4gel, um einen Hammer in die Wand zu
> schlagen?    --    Phillipp Schulte in doc
>=20

No, and I've quoted your posting to illustrate why:

It's *part of* your signature, which already has sigdashes.

Now, there's the "but what about people who don't *have* signatures"
argument... but go back and read all the 'enabler' arguments from last
week.  ;-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--=20
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylin=
k.com
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink                             RFC=
 2100
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647=
 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")