[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 12:32:44 -0500

    >> Mailman's interface to Pipermail is what does this check,
    >> currently defined as: X-No-Archive: yes X-Archive: no prevents
    >> the message from being archived in any way.  I don't think
    >> there are standards for this particular header (else, why would
    >> it be an X- header?), so I'm wondering if I understand common
    >> practice well enough.  I.e. should the presence of
    >> the message?

    JRA> This depends on which side of the "enabler" argument,
    JRA> discussed ad nauseum last week, you come down on.  :-)

For this particular issue, I'm happy to make it really easy for folks
to make sure their article is not archived, even though I hope most
people won't avail themselves of this (it harms public discourse).  I
can't imagine any other useful value for X-No-Archive: though, so I
tend to think the value should be ignored.

-Barry