[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:33:41 -0500

    DN> I thought about that, but do you really want to send monthly
    DN> password reminders to people that just wanted to look at the
    DN> archives?  (Or do we not send those to people with "nomail"
    DN> set?)

We send password reminders to folks regardless of their delivery
status.  This actually makes sense in a VERP world because since
password reminders are by nature personalized, we can piggyback the
more accurate VERP bounce detection onto them.

Note that in MM2.1, people can turn off password reminders altogether.

-Barry