[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:09:35 -0500

    >> (Or a header that can be set to cause a message not to get
    >> archived?)

    CVR> That already exists -- X-No-Archive, which I believe
    CVR> pipermail understands.

Mailman's interface to Pipermail is what does this check, currently
defined as:

prevents the message from being archived in any way.  I don't think
there are standards for this particular header (else, why would it be
an X- header?), so I'm wondering if I understand common practice well
enough.  I.e. should the presence of X-No-Archive: itself, regardless
of value, prevent archiving of the message?

-Barry