[Mailman-Developers] current snapshot install...

Peter C. Norton spacey-mailman@lenin.nu
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 01:54:00 -0800

On Sun, Feb 24, 2002 at 12:24:58AM -0500, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> Yeah, I know that.  The command should be rewritten to use gunzip
> piping to tar.  Can we count on that existing some place?  If there
> are doubts, we can add a configure test w/ a warning if those progs
> are missing.

These days if someone doesn't have gzip installed they should be doing it
ASAP.  Even solaris users can get stuff like this from Sun now.  Making gzip
a requirement isn't an issue on any modern platform.

--
The 5 year plan:
In five years we'll make up another plan.