[Mailman-Developers] MM2.1 playground on python.org

Ben Gertzfield che@debian.org
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:20:13 +0900

    BG> Sending mails in broken EUC-JP (long headers will not work) is
    BG> not really an option.  So we should put in a hacklet for
    BG> Japanese and Chinese to send internally generated emails in
    BG> English if the codecs are not found.

    BAW> Does it have to be a special-cased hack?  Can we just always
    BAW> fall back to English if the codec can't be found?

    BAW> Do you have any suggestions for where the patch ought to go?

All we will have to do is make Message.py's UserNotification class
somehow deal with when the codec is not found.  It may require a
modification to mimelib to return a unique error when the codec
isn't found.

Ben

--
Brought to you by the letters J and W and the number 19.
"You have my pills!"