[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 17:01:09 -0500

On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 10:27:08AM -0500, Damien Morton wrote:
> I wonder if the ADA would accept the need to obscure email addresses,
> and I wonder if they would accept the extra authentication step required
> to get at the unobscured email address? Would they understand that it
> protects all mailman users, including the disabled?

Stunningly unlikely...

> Would Lynx users and other browser-disadvantaged users accept the extra
> authentication/authorisation step to get at the unobscured email
> addresses? Would they understand that it protects _them_ as well?

If each page had a link to the version of that same page that required
authentication, so that I wouldn't have to go do a whole-nother damned
search, yeah...

> > And insulting lynx users isn't a way to increase your
> > expected life span.  Go do something less controversial like
> > arguing the advantages of vi in the emacs news groups.
>
> Agreed, appologies to recidivists, luddites and lynx users :)

Nice to know that you understand now that those are three separate
groups.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")