[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam onpostedaddresses...

Damien Morton dm-temp-310102@nyc.rr.com
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:32:44 -0500

Interestingly enough, the first place I ever saw the reverse turing test
in use was in the signup for a yahoo account.

"This step helps Yahoo! prevent automated registrations."
http://edit.my.yahoo.com/config/eval_register?.partner=&.intl=us&.src=my
&.last=

The objective should be to raise the cost of harvesting. As you say, it
cant be prevented, but forcing a human into the loop can raise the cost
substantially.