[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on postedaddresses...

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 22:14:43 -0800

At 0:08 -0500 2/21/2002, Dale Newfield wrote:
>> If the question and answer can be arbitary on a site by site, or better,
>> hit by hit basis, then it becomes infeasible to build a spambot to enter
>> such sites.
>
>If it's arbitrary, it's generated by some algorithm.  If it's generated by
>some algorithm, I just need to figure out the algorithm and I can always
>get it.

Not to mention that people surprisingly often mess up answers to questions
as easy as "Who is buried in Grant's Tomb?"

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA
Who is buried in Grant's Pass?   Many people who lived there, and some who