[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on posted addresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 23:58:38 -0500

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 10:47:16AM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> On 2/18/02 10:37 AM, "Jay R. Ashworth" <jra@baylink.com> wrote:
>=20
> > You'll have to forgive me, but this sort of 'too-clever by all' solut=
ion
> > gives me hives.
>=20
> And you have to be wary of solutions that make it tough for the
> na=EFve/novice net user to figure out what needs to be done. Those of
> us who geek tend to forget those that don't. And Mailman can't create
> systems non-geeks can't figure out, even if your preferred audience is
> geeks.

Well, it sounded to *me* like he was *trying* to mediate for the
UnGeeked, merely unsuccessfully.=20

I get paid to remember what you've pointed out, and I'm pretty good at
it, but I still sometimes forget...

Cheers,
-- jra
--=20
Jay R. Ashworth                                                jra@baylin=
k.com
Member of the Technical Staff     Baylink                             RFC=
 2100
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647=
 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")