[Mailman-Developers] Interesting study -- spam on posted addresses...

Jay R. Ashworth jra@baylink.com
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 10:21:39 -0500

On Sun, Feb 17, 2002 at 09:37:31PM -0800, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
> > I never understood why mailman wasn't changed to allow users to change there
> > own addresses years ago. Being able to add valid receiving addresses would
> > help, too. That is also something mailman can help with.
>
> All it takes is code. Volunteering? (grin)

Because there's not a sufficiently strong method of authenticating that
the person trying to change the address is actually the *user*?

Cheers,
-- jra
Tampa Bay, Florida        http://baylink.pitas.com             +1 727 647 1274

   "If you don't have a dream; how're you gonna have a dream come true?"
     -- Captain Sensible, The Damned (from South Pacific's "Happy Talk")