[Mailman-Developers] News gateway logging glitch.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 16:45:56 -0500

    CVR> Looks like messages posted to the lists through the news <->
    CVR> mail gateway (2.0.8) aren't ever logged into the system. They
    CVR> go into qfile and I never see entries in either post or
    CVR> smtp. That means, effectively, if you're trying to do
    CVR> accounting or usage reports, they're invisible, so reports
    CVR> are understating the actual usage of the list.

Actually, messages travelling from news -> mail should get logged to
logs/fromusenet.  I believe this is true in both MM2.0.x and 2.1.  See
cron/gate_news.

Messages traveling from mail->news don't get separate logging (except
in the case of errors), but they're posted to mail first, so they
should show up in logs/post.

-Barry