[Mailman-Developers] RELEASED Mailman 2.1 beta 6

Barry A. Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Dec 10 20:33:12 EST 2002

I've released Mailman 2.1 beta 6.  This is the last planned beta
release before MM2.1 final, which I still expect to release before the
end of the year.  See below for a list of changes since 2.1b5.  There
have been lots of bug fxes and lots of translations updates.

The new tarball has been uploaded to SourceForge, and the various web
sites will be updated shortly.

Enjoy,
-Barry

-------------------- snip snip --------------------
2.1 beta 6 (09-Dec-2002)

    Lots and lots of bug fixes, and translation updates.  Also,

    - ARCHIVER_OBSCURES_EMAILADDRS is now set to true by default.

    - QRUNNER_SAVE_BAD_MESSAGES is now set to true by default.

    - Bounce messages which were recognized, but in which no member
      addresses were found are no longer forwarded to the list
      administrator.

    - bin/arch grew a --wipe option which first removes the entire old
      archive before regenerating the new one.

    - bin/mailmanctl -u now prints a warning that permission problems
      could appear, such as when trying to delete a list through the
      web that has some archives in it.

    - bin/remove_members grew --nouserack/-n and -noadminack/-N options.

    - A new script bin/list_owners has been added for printing out
      list owners and moderators.

    - Dates in the web version of archived messages are now relative
      to the local timezone, and include the timezone names, when
      available.