[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-649112 ] "#" in mail address confuses mailman

noreply at sourceforge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Dec 5 18:59:57 2002

Bugs item #649112, was opened at 2002-12-05 19:59
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=649112&group_id=103

Category: Web/CGI
Group: None

Initial Comment:
someone recently managed to subscribe himself to
the python.org image-sig mailing list, using an add-
ress looking a bit like this one:

    prefix#user@some.com

unfortunately, the web interface doesn't escape the
"#" character, so the web pages for this user cannot
be accessed:

    http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/image-
sig/prefix#user--at--some.com

(the browser strips off the "#" and everything after
it before sending the URL to mailman...).

I'm not sure what version python.org is running,
but I suspect that the Barry person might be able
to figure that out.

cheers /F