[Mailman-Developers] not quite about mailman -- AOL data losses.

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Thu Dec 5 05:16:02 2002

On Wednesday, December 4, 2002, at 09:12  PM, Satya wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2002 at 19:58, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>
>> a semi RFE for mailman: one of my AOL users asked if we could number
>
> What's RFE, again?

sorry. Request for Enhancement.

(it's a feature, not a bug... giggle)

> What is a seed list?

there are some lists that people use, like software developers working
with their beta sites, where guarantee of reception is a good thing.
seed lists is a variation of that (at least, that's what we call them)

> Hmm, you could throw in YA X-header, call it X-MailmanSN, and have it
> contain yyyymmdd or the output from time().

tough for AOL, though. it throws out a lot of that stuff. The AOL
person suggested putting it in the subject line flag area (as in
[Mailman-Developers:113]), which is as good as anything.