[Mailman-Developers] Re: bin/arch traceback

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Dec 4 16:36:36 2002

On 04 December 2002, I said:
> [...]
> Updating HTML for article 4073
> Updating HTML for article 4074
> Updating HTML for article 4076
> Pickling archive state into /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/mems-talk/pipermail.pck
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./bin/arch", line 173, in ?
>     main()
[...]
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 230, in append
>     ustr = unicode(s, incodec)
> LookupError: unknown encoding
>
> I presume this is some Asian encoding that's not *supposed* to appear in
> an English-language list, but does.

Yep.  Here's the start of message #4077:

"""
To: mems@isi.edu
Subject:   request info. on GDSII
From:   "Tina Wang" <mswang@princeton.com.tw>
Date: Fri Dec 17 06:33:22 1999

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01BF489B.AB8341E0

Dear MEMES Discussion Group,
[...]
"""

Obviously that first message part is *not* encoded with big5, but you
try telling Mailman that.  Sigh.  I'll try editing the offending message
and seeing how far arch gets this time.

Oh yeah, should I be filing bug reports?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@mems-exchange.org