[Mailman-Developers] "Site list is missing"

NOW Website Coordinator webperson at now.org
Mon Dec 2 22:20:43 2002

I can't find this answer in the archives, or in the scripts.  The first
time that 2.1 (right now I'm using 2.1b5) would send out password
reminders, it failed with this message:

Your "cron" job on now
/usr/local/bin/python -S /usr/local/mailman/cron/mailpasswds
produced the following output:
Site list is missing: mailman

When I look at the mailpasswds script, I find the section it came from:

# This is the list that all the reminders will look like they come from,
     # but with the host name coerced to the virtual host we're processing.
     try:
         sitelist = MailList.MailList(mm_cfg.MAILMAN_SITE_LIST, lock=0)
     except Errors.MMUnknownListError:
         # Do it this way for I18n's _()
         sitelistname = mm_cfg.MAILMAN_SITE_LIST
         print >> sys.stderr, _('Site list is missing: %(sitelistname)s')
         syslog('error', 'Site list is missing: %s', mm_cfg.MAILMAN_SITE_LIST)
         sys.exit(1)

but I'm not sure what exactly the problem is.  Is there something in
mm_cfg.py I should set?

Thanks in advance.

By the way, this worked for 2.0.

Also: 2.1b5 fixed my earlier problem of not being able to see the
members!  Thanks.

Sarah Stapleton-Gray
Web Site Coordinator
National Organization for Women