[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-644005 ] sync_members: problems with u umlaut

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Mon Dec 2 16:15:35 2002

Bugs item #644005, was opened at 2002-11-26 04:57
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=644005&group_id=103

Category: command line scripts
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
Running sync_members -n,

I get this error, when a member with an umlaut-u in
it's real name gets removed.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/sync_members", line 283, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/sbin/sync_members", line 275, in main
    print _('Removed: <%(addr)30s> %(name)s')
UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in
range(128)

Changing the ü in the web-frontend to ue, and then
running again sync_members "fixes" the problem.