[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-646279 ] UTF8 problem with MS Exchange/MM2.1b4

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 1 02:17:08 2002

Bugs item #646279, was opened at 2002-12-01 02:17
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=646279&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
Group: 2.1 alpha

Initial Comment:
<pre>
Hi,

I have a problem with UTF8-encoded e-mails from a
Microsoft Exchange
2000 server which are sent to a Mailman 2.1b4
mailinglist server.
Exchange uses "utf8" characterset, so that the users
will get an
extra "attachement" with every mailinglist message
(charset "utf-8"
is used for the body, and charset "us-ascii" is used for
the signature
of the mailinglist).

An example of the headers and body is included, below.

Is there a way to change the filtering in Mailman, so that
these messages
are converted to a more common charset, such as: us-
ascii or iso-8859-1

For more information see:
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/tips/Mail_utf
8.asp
(Mailbox Tip: Allow Non-UTF-8 Mail Clients To View
Messages Sent
from Exchange).  I tried to get the Exchange server
changed, but
didn't get any response of the local administrator. ;(

Regards,

Pieter

8<--------------------------------------------

Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 16:25:23 +0100

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29496.DF565EF8

  [base64 attachement removed]

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29496.DF565EF8

------_=_NextPart_001_01C29496.DF565EF8--

</pre>

See: <a href="http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-
developers/2002-
November/014048.html">http://mail.python.org/pipermail/
mailman-developers/2002-November/014048.html</a>