[Mailman-Developers] (More) pristine archives

Norbert Bollow nb@cisto.com
Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:15:26 +0200

Dale Newfield <Dale@Newfield.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 28 Aug 2002, Norbert Bollow wrote:
> > Specifically I'm going forward with implementing a MySQL-based archives
> > system which can be used as a drop-in replacement for Pipermail which
> > which will also provide the functionalities of a web board and a search
> > engine optimization system.
>
> Can I request that you build this in an SQL implementation independant
> manner (so one could drop in PostgreSQL in place of MySQL and have it
> work)?

I have to focus on building this to meet my needs, and my customers'
needs...  PostgreSQL support isn't among these needs as far as I can
see.  However since there is a standard for Python database API's, it
shouldn't be too hard for someone to replace MySQLdb with the
PostgreSQL equivalent, or even make this a configuration option.
(I'll welcome patches for making this a configuration option :-)

Greetings, Norbert.

--
Founder & Steering Committee member of http://gnu.org/projects/dotgnu/
Tel +41 1 972 20 59        Fax +41 1 972 20 69       http://norbert.ch