[Mailman-Developers] (More) pristine archives

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui@plaidworks.com
Wed, 28 Aug 2002 09:04:41 -0700

On Wednesday, August 28, 2002, at 08:49  AM, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:

>     DN> (Since MySQL doesn't support transactions, I'm not sure how
>     DN> I'll handle the .Save() piece yet...)
>
> It still doesn't support transactions?

It does on InnoDB files, which seem to be their file structure of the
future. Not on MyISAM.

But for an archiving system, is that really a big deal? But in any
event, using InnoDB files, it's a non-issue.

(frankly, I've found you can do a lot of stuff without transactions
quite nicely. For this, I just can't believe you need transacations,
the volume of inserts and reads just isn't that large.)

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui@plaidworks.com -- http://www.chuqui.com/

Stress is when you wake up screaming and you realize you haven't fallen
asleep yet.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech, Apple IS&T E-mail systems
chuq@apple.com