[Mailman-Developers] (More) pristine archives

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:53:44 -0400

An interesting issue came up today while we were playing with a
Bayesian spam classifier.  Mailman's archives aren't very clean.
Messages are sent to the archiver after various headering munging
steps, including the adding of the List-* headers and the Subject
prefix.

We still want to do some munging, e.g. for anonymous lists.  This
tells me that we may want to move ToArchive up before CookHeaders in
the global pipeline.

I don't think we want to move ToDigest or ToUsenet because I think we
/want/ those headers munged before the message is sent to the digests
or news server.  What do you think?

-Barry