[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-222962 ] Umlauts are behaving badly

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:37:20 -0700

Bugs item #222962, was opened at 2000-11-20 06:18
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=222962&group_id=103

Category: Pipermail
>Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:

Umlaut characters and our nice scandinavic characters are behaving badly in the pipermail archives. As an example see the archive:
http://oh3tr.ele.tut.fi/pipermail/moppe-archive/

All ä:s and ö:s are displayed like "=E4"  in the message body. If there
are those characters in the subject the subject line will appear as total mess.

This could be corrected if those 8bit characters would be allowed to go through the archiver as they are. At the moment the text version is also messed with those =E4 characters.

Tested versions: up to Pipermail 0.05 (Mailman 2.0beta5).