[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-228680 ] Infinite loops with Auto-Reply

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Fri, 23 Aug 2002 15:35:26 -0700

Bugs item #228680, was opened at 2001-01-13 13:50
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=228680&group_id=103

Category: mail delivery
>Group: 2.0.x

Initial Comment:
An infinite mail loop is created when a
- member of a mailing list has an Out Of The Office or other Auto-Reply set up and
- there is a misconfiguration of SMTP on the member's end (is what I'm told) and
- the mailing list is moderated with a "pending moderator approval" message sent to the sender of a message

Use case: person comes back from vacation and finds 3500 messages from Mailman saying "Your message is waiting for moderator approval", which were in response to her "I'm away on vacation" Auto-Reply