[Mailman-Developers] [ mailman-Bugs-597407 ] Confirmation usability

noreply@sourceforge.net noreply@sourceforge.net
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 12:34:27 -0700

Bugs item #597407, was opened at 2002-08-19 17:40
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100103&aid=597407&group_id=103

Category: (un)subscribing
Group: 2.1 beta

Initial Comment:
There are three usability problems with the confirmation
of a subscription:

a) the URL tends to be more than 80 characters. It
might be a good idea too decrease the length of the
confirmation-ID and/or identation and thereby increase
the usability

b) the URL that the user is directed to has
a "Subscribe" button on the left and a "Cancel and
discard" button on the right. I think the usabilty can be
improved by swapping the buttons and by making the
submit-button something larger (e.g. "Subscribe to
mailinglist X"). See also:
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20000416.html

c) if the users have already visited the page, they don't
get a message saying the already confirmed their
subscription.

Regards,

PieterB