[Mailman-Developers] mixed translation in CommandRunner output

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Thu, 15 Aug 2002 12:31:22 -0400

    SP> When you send a message to foo-request asking for "help" and
    SP> foo has a preferred language different from the site-wide what
    SP> you get in response is a message with a mix of both languages,
    SP> e.g. _() are in the site-wide language but the help.txt
    SP> template is in the list-preferred language.

Actually, I think the _() is coming in the sender's preferred language
if they're a member, but the list language if they're not.  You're
right that the help.txt template comes in the list language.

    SP> Now, I'm willing to provide a patch, but I want to be sure the
    SP> right language is the list-specific one, isn't it?

I think this is a simple fix, so I'll check it in.  cmd_help.py needs
to get the help.txt from the sender's language if they're a member.
This information is available in the metadata.

-Barry