[Mailman-Developers] continued problem with the 2.1b3 installation

Leonard Jacobs lj@mandala-designs.com
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 15:26:05 -0400

Folks --

I did attempt this installation in a directory where there had never been an
instance of Mailman, and I also tried the installation using python 2.1.3 and
python 2.2.1, with mailman 2.1b2 and 2.1b3. Nothing seems to work.

I see that there have been other instances of this problem mentioned among
users, but am puzzled over how to the resolve my problem since there are
obviously others who have not had this problem.

Any suggestions welcome.

> I have been running 2.0.8 and decided to try 2.1 on a RedHat 7.2 system
> with python 2.2.1.
>
> Make install quits with the following error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "bin/update", line 44, in ?
>     import paths
> ImportError: No module named paths