[Mailman-Developers] 2.1b1: web-based create and DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 20:30:58 -0400

    HK> I just created a new list via the web interface, and the
    HK> 'host_name' parameter for the list was "www.cfrq.net" (the
    HK> value of DEFAULT_URL_HOST) instead of "cfrq.net" (the value of
    HK> DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST).

    HK> This surprised me...

Me too.

    HK> Mailman/Cgi/create.py uses the VIRTUAL_HOSTS stuff to get the
    HK> correct value for host_name, but I don't have any
    HK> VIRTUAL_HOSTS defined (other than the default, which should
    HK> correctly map DEFAULT_URL_HOST to DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST).

    HK> Any suggestions as to where to look would be appreciated...

As you probably saw, if you don't make any calls to add_virtualhost(),
the default is to add an entry mapping DEFAULT_URL_HOST ->
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.  Even if it doesn't find the hostname returned by
Utils.get_domain() in VIRTUAL_HOSTS, it should still use
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST.

So I'm at a loss too.
-Barry