[Mailman-Developers] Archive trouble

Daniel Buchmann db@bibsys.no
Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:45:29 +0200

[CVS Mailman, python 2.2]

I'm having serious problems generating the archive of one of my mailing lists.
The mbox for the list has 401 messages, but bin/arch stops at message #311.
No error or traceback occurs. If I try "bin/arch -s 312 <mylistname>", nothing
happens. (I only get the "Pickling archive state ..." message.)
The same happens if I start at e.g. message #350.
Anyone else seen this?

Barry: you should probably update the INSTALL and README files asap; they say
python 2.1 is required, and 2.1.2 or 2.2 is recommended. Should probably be
"requires at least python 2.1.2, but 2.2 is recommended" ?
(I got a lot of messages in qfiles/shunt because of this, just like Michael
(http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-developers/2002-April/011654.html)
did. Upgraded python to 2.2 and ran unshunt, now it works fine. :)

-Daniel