[Mailman-Developers] Warning: nasty variant of this new virus.

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 17:16:20 -0700

At 14:35 -0700 4/23/2002, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:
>I just got sent a new copy of the Klez.E virus. The text it sends to the
>user is this:
>
>--
>Klez.E is the most common world-wide spreading worm.It's very dangerous by
>corrupting your files.

Ah...there's one now.  It came in a text/html part, with quoted-printable
encoding.
The clever HTML which precedes the above material is (in its entirety) (I
stuck the spaces into the first tag to try to avoid confusing some dumb
mail client or overly-smart scanner).

<H T ML><HEAD></HEAD><BODY>

<FONT>Klez.E...

The social engineering in the English translation of the message isn't
badly done.

File name in this sample is "Fy.bat" (which I suspect I'm interpreting
correctly).

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA