[Mailman-Developers] New emerging virus/worm. Grr.

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 18:22:05 -0400

At 03:02 PM 4/23/02 -0700, Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> >> A new emerging worm is out there in windows land. That's bad enough, but
> >
> > Jeez, chuq, where have you been?  I've been dealing with klez for
> > *months*.  Our central scanners nail about 1,400 of them *a day*.
>
>This is a new variant, not the old Klez. And it's getting worse.

Yea, I know; that's total across the variant.  About 900 of them are the
new one.  But still, it's been out for a while to.

Of course, given that I manged the cluster of virus scanners that strip all
our incoming mail, and get the nightly report, maybe I'm just sensitive to
it.  But our postmaster team has been backtracking origins of these things
for a while now, and getting them fixed when we can.  Some sites are really
helpful and appreciative, and some sites are real pricks.  Strangely, it
seems to match the "will help stop spam" vs. "Go screw yourself" camps
almost perfectly :-).