[Mailman-Developers] Web_page_url change

Ron Jarrell jarrell@vt.edu
Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:50:17 -0400

At 10:55 AM 4/22/02 -0600, you wrote:
>We are going to be changing the name of our Host Name on our Red Hat
>Linux box that Mailman 2.0.8 is running on. I would like to change all
>the lists and configuration for mailman  over to this new Host Name. I
>don't want to setup a CNAME in DNS to keep the old Host Name accessible.
>
>What steps are involved in accomplishing this task. I know you use  the
>"withlist" with the command below.
>
>python -i bin/withlist -l mylist

If they're all changing to the defaults, then after changing the host on the system,
rerun configure and install again, so that Defaults.py picks up the new DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
and DEFAULT_URL_HOST and such.  Then just use fix_url.py in the bin directory.  (Which
essentially does what you're doing above, but computes everything for you).

And if it applies to all lists, you can save time by using the -a option to iterate through all lists..