[Mailman-Developers] Stripping binaries attachments

J C Lawrence claw@kanga.nu
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 22:34:29 -0700

On Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:12:06 -0400
Barry A Warsaw <barry@zope.com> wrote:

DM> Except for 2.1-latest's penchant for saving messages as pickles,
DM> rather than plain text.  But you can turn that off with a switch
DM> inside the module, whose name I forget right at the moment.  Barry,
DM> given that people seem to often want to edit these messages, is it
DM> really a good idea to save them as non-plain-text?

> It may not be.  Then again, maybe I should promote the variable up
> into Defaults.py.in, regardless of the default value.  It would be
> easier to modify through mm_cfg.py than to hack on ListAdmin.py and
> potentially lose your changes when you upgrade.

Please!  Please, please please, please Please PLEASE!

Please sir, may I have another configuration option?

<<I'd actually really like that as I edit every single post for my main
list>>

--
J C Lawrence
claw@kanga.nu               He lived as a devil, eh?