[Mailman-Developers] Buglet (in 2.0, dunno about 2.1)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 12:00:27 -0400

    DN> A list had subscriptions set to require both confirmation and
    DN> approval.  Someone initiates the subscription process through
    DN> the web interface.  I modified the list to only require
    DN> approval.  The person sent back their address confirmation,
    DN> and Mailman subscribed them (without requiring approval).

    DN> I don't know if this portion of mailman has been
    DN> gutted/replaced in the 2.1 development, but if it hasn't, this
    DN> buglet is likely still there...

I doubt this has been changed in MM2.1, but I'm not sure how easy it
would be to fix.  A subscription request is going to be guided by the
policy in place at the time the process is set in motion.  Changing
that policy in the middle isn't going to affect requests that have
already started.

-Barry