[Mailman-Developers] pipermail replacement

Eric Hanson eric@aquameta.com
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 23:32:53 +0000

J C Lawrence (claw@kanga.nu) wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Apr 2002 03:33:53 +0000
> Eric Hanson <eric@aquameta.com> wrote:
>
> > There have been several mentions of the need for a mailing list with a
> > web interface, something that allows mailing list functionality and a
> > web interface that allows posting, user accounts, threading etc.  I've
> > been thinking about such a thing using the XML server 4suite server
> > (4suite.org) and mailman, essentially replacing pipermail.
>
> You might like to look at what I've done under MHonArc and PHP here at
> Kanga.Nu.  I specifically don't handle accounts, but I do handle
> posting, MIME, and the rest.
>
>   http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.004.htp

Interesting.  I've got some MIME questions but I'll post them on the
project mailing list.

The project is called archetype, and it's on sourceforge:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/archetype

The mailing list has been created and Sourceforge should activate it in
6-24 hours.

Regards,
Eric